Sunday, October 28, 2012

Battle Born


This week I had no idea what to write my blog post about. So, I decided I would just pick a song from the latest Killers album and write about what it means to me.

I chose the song Battle Born, which is also the name of the album. What speaks to me the most out of the song is the chorus;

Up against the wall
There's something dying on the street
When the knock you down
You're gonna get back on your feet
(No you can't stop now)
When they break your heart
When they cause your soul to mourn
Remember what I said
Boy, you was Battle Born

 
It represents a struggle, or many struggles, and the need to recover from them. No matter what happens you have to pick yourself up and keep on going. There will be hard times, times when you feel like you just can't go on. But you have to, if you give up you're letting your troubles beat you, letting them win. The term "Battle Born" really encompasses the idea that we were born to fight and to struggle through life. That's probably why the last line, despite the bad grammar, is my favorite one.
 
Another verse that really speaks to me is the bridge;
 
You never know
You never learn
You never shine
If you never burn
 
What I really like about this part is that it shows that if you never get hurt or you never make mistakes, you can never reach your full potential of life. You have to make mistakes to learn from them and you have to learn in order to live. There will always be risks, but you have to take those risks to get anything out of life.
 
So, overall I think this song pretty much represents my whole motto for life. Move on from the bad, you have to have faith that there will be good on the other side. It's like Dory from Finding Nemo, "Just Keep Swimming".
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment