Friday, March 8, 2013

TV Shows

 
The "it" thing to do now is watch whole entire TV shows, from start to finish. It all started when Ms. Fillman showed us "Lost" in class. Then all of CAP 10 started watching it, all six seasons of it. I've recently started watching "Heroes", as has Cherie.

I think it is sad and disappointing that children now bond over what shows they like. We watch them together and talk about them when we're together. There is so much more we could do and/or talk about, yet we choose to talk about crazy ridiculous TV shows.

For the record, they are SOOO addicting. We live vicariously through the dramatic, plot-twist-filled TV shows. Our mediocre, unadventrous lives cannot compare to a exotic island with magical powers (Lost) or people who can paint the future when high off cocaine (Heroes). Well that's at least why I personally watch these crazy shows. I get really into the plots and the characters. I often find myself wishing I was them, even though I know their world is impossible.

Anyways, I know it's not the best way to be spending our time. But watching TV lets us closely analyze the things that make people human. We see weaknesses and strengths that we couldn't see in our everyday lives. Plus it's all so entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment